Wave of violence continues with further bloodshed in London

- Advertisement -

A wave of violence sweeping the country continued in London on Tuesday as two teenagers were stabbed in separate incidents.

The Metropolitan Police said one victim, in his late teens, was stabbed in the leg during an evening rush-hour incident near Woolwich Arsenal station, south-east London, following reports of a fight.

The extent of his injuries is not known.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon.

Less than two hours earlier, police in west London were called to The Embankment, Twickenham, to a teenager with a non-life threatening stab wound to his arm.

Scotland Yard said inquiries are continuing.

It follows a bank holiday weekend of bloodshed which saw a number of shootings and stabbings.

A 13-year-old boy was an innocent victim as he was shot in the head while walking down the street with his parents in Harrow.

The youngster was hit by the shotgun pellets as a 15-year-old was attacked at around 1.15pm on Sunday in High Street, Wealdstone.

(PA Graphics)
(PA Graphics)

Minutes later, police were alerted to the second boy injured nearby.

Both teenagers suffered non-life threatening injuries, and the younger one has been released from hospital.

An item of clothing lies on the pavement in Wealdstone, near where two boys, aged 13 and 15, were shot (Jonathan Brady/PA)
An item of clothing lies on the pavement in Wealdstone, near where two boys aged 13 and 15 were shot (Jonathan Brady/PA)

Meanwhile, Rhyhiem Ainsworth Barton was fatally shot in Southwark on Saturday.

The 17-year-old rapper and aspiring architect had “so much potential”, his mother said as she tearfully told of her “handsome boy”.

Elsewhere, two men died in stabbings in Liverpool and Luton during the bank holiday weekend.

Fatah Warsame, 20, from Cardiff, died after being stabbed in Liverpool city centre early on Sunday morning, while another victim, also 20, was killed in Bishopscote Road in Luton that evening.

A 43-year-old was stabbed in Perivale, north-west London, on Sunday night after a dispute about driving.

Three people were injured in a “noxious substance” assault following an altercation between two groups in Shacklewell Lane, Hackney, east London, at around 5.20am on Sunday.

Just before 6.30pm on Sunday, police were flagged down by a member of the public in New Cross Road, south-east London, where a 22-year-old man was suffering from gunshot wounds.

In a fourth bank holiday weekend shooting in the capital, a 30-year-old man – who may have been working as a delivery driver – was targeted.

Police were called at 4.50pm on Monday to a shooting in John Williams Close, New Cross, south-east London, Scotland Yard said.

The victim was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital. His condition is not believed to be life-threatening.

Another shooting took place in Vale Street, Clayton, Greater Manchester Police said.

A man in his late teens was with friends when he was shot in the leg shortly before 2.45pm on Monday.

He was taken to hospital for treatment to serious injuries.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Stories

- Advertisement -

UK News

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Read the latest free supplements

Read the Town Crier, Le Rocher and a whole host of other subjects like mortgage advice, business, cycling, travel and property.