Two people have been rescued by firefighters after a blaze broke out at a block of flats.
Approximately 20 firefighters were called to the incident at Alan Breck Gardens in Edinburgh at around 7.50pm on Saturday.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze in the common stair was “well-developed” when they arrived at the scene, with its crews from the Sighthill and Crewe Toll fire stations having to wear breathing equipment to extinguish the flames.
A spokesman said: “One female and one male were rescued by firefighters and both were taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary by the Scottish Ambulance Service.”
He added that firefighters also resuscitated a bull terrier who was overcome by smoke, using “Smokey Paws” equipment.
It is thought to be the first time that the new equipment – an oxygen mask specifically designed for animals – has been successfully deployed in the Edinburgh area.