Joules has launched consultations over potential job losses after new owner Next said it is accelerating transition plans.
Next snapped up the troubled fashion brand late last year after Joules fell into administration.
The deal saw Next secure the future of 1,450 workers at Joules and 100 stores, although 19 stores were shut as part of the move.
As part of the takeover deal Next took a 74% stake in the business, with Joules founder Tom Joule owning the remaining 26%.
On Tuesday, Next said it has made “significant progress” since the takeover was agreed and it is now set to transfer Joules’ online operation onto its own Total Platform logistics system in October this year, five months ahead of schedule.
Next said the move was intended to secure “cost savings” at Joules but will mean that “a number of tasks performed by Joules personnel will be absorbed into Next teams or no longer be needed”.
As a result, Joules has launched consultation with workers who will be hit by the cuts.
The retailers have not disclosed how many workers will be affected.
“Where roles are no longer required, Next will be working with those affected to ensure that they are considered for any suitable vacancies at Next, whose Head Office is located close to Joules’ headquarters in Market Harborough,” Next added in a statement.