Cuba Gooding Jr has been accused of raping a woman twice in a New York City hotel room in 2013.
A lawsuit, filed publicly on Tuesday in Manhattan federal court, alleged the Oscar-winning actor attacked the woman after she met him at a Greenwich Village VIP lounge.
Lawyer Mark Heller, who represents the 52-year-old actor, said the “alleged event never took place”.
“She’s probably just somebody who’s looking for some glory to bask in the publicity and notoriety of Cuba Gooding Jr’s case,” he added.
Gooding already faces criminal charges of sexual abuse and forcible touching related to claims women have previously made against him, and has pleaded not guilty to those charges.
But when they arrived at the hotel, Gooding convinced her to go upstairs with him to a room, saying he wanted to quickly change his clothes, the lawsuit said.
Instead, he put on music and attacked her, taking off her clothing and holding her arms to pin her down as he sexually assaulted and raped her twice, the lawsuit said.
The lawsuit said the woman said no to Gooding “numerous times but he wouldn’t stop”.
Gooding appeared last week in Manhattan state court, where he has pleaded not guilty to six charges of forcible touching and sexual abuse.
If convicted, he faces up to a year behind bars.
State prosecutors said more than two dozen women have made claims against Gooding since allegations were first made against him.