Steve Bruce said he was “absolutely delighted” as Aston Villa announced he will remain manager of the Sky Bet Championship club.
Bruce met with majority owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens and was given their full support.
The 57-year-old’s future had been under the spotlight since the pair bought a 55 per cent majority shareholding last week, and former Arsenal striker and current Belgium assistant Thierry Henry had been linked with the position.
A club statement said: “Aston Villa can confirm manager Steve Bruce has met majority owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens and will continue as manager with their full support.”
Bruce met the new owners at Villa’s training ground on Wednesday afternoon and arrived separately from the team for their friendly with West Ham at Walsall.
His only comment on arriving was that he was “absolutely delighted” to be staying.
Villa lost the play-off final 1-0 to Fulham last May to end hopes of a return to the Premier League.
It sent them into a spiral after it was revealed then-owner Tony Xia had been struggling to fund Villa since last August.
Director of football Steve Round left after chief executive Keith Wyness’ exit in June.
The future of Jack Grealish remains on the agenda for Bruce and the owners.
Villa still need to find £40million to comply with Financial Fair Play rules, with midfielder Grealish their most saleable asset.